Bank Account Opening Advice for teenage ASD

Hi,

My son is 14 and has ASD.

I have recently tried opening an Under 19 Current Account for him but have been told I can't do it as he would need to attend the appointment, watch an introductory video and then sign the forms to say he understands and agrees to the terms and conditions of the account.  The bank in question (one of the main high street ones) has said that the only way round this is for me to get Power of the Courts (apparently Power of Attorney wouldn't be adequate, even if I had this).

I have looked in to Power of the Courts and it is really expensive to do.  Has anyone encountered this and have they found a way round I already have a savings account for him but he needs something that will give him a card to have immediate access to his money. Thank you in advance.

Parents
  • I went through the courts, so I can certainly say that this is not the most correct decision. Besides a lot of money you lose and a lot of time. There are much simpler ways, thanks to which you can have aces to your money. I in recent years [link removed by moderator]  it is convenient in terms of the fact that I can also pay salaries, taxes, fees to banks, but also I can control my money without having any impediment. I think this would be a solution for you as it is for me, but if you have a better idea please tell me too

Edited by Clare Mod

• I went through the courts, so I can certainly say that this is not the most correct decision. Besides a lot of money you lose and a lot of time. There are much simpler ways, thanks to which you can have aces to your money. I in recent years [link removed by moderator]  it is convenient in terms of the fact that I can also pay salaries, taxes, fees to banks, but also I can control my money without having any impediment. I think this would be a solution for you as it is for me, but if you have a better idea please tell me too

Edited by Clare Mod

Children
No Data