Autistic parents

ive been struggling a lot lately with my daughter. Sometimes she'll cry and I feel like I don't understand her at times. or if she is really loud and demanding attention?

I feel like she doesn't understand me either and we lack communication.

Can anyone relate and how did you cope?

any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

Parents
  • My daughter is 4 so doesn't understand that sometimes too much noise or attention at once overwhelms me and that I need to be left alone. I know she is 4 and doesn't understand but I find it frustrating.

Or sometimes I just fail to understand that if she is crying, it's for a reason. I get snappy and don't understand why she is crying. It's usually loud and it overwhelms me.

I feel rather misunderstanding and emotionless towards her as I have no patience :\

• My daughter is 4 so doesn't understand that sometimes too much noise or attention at once overwhelms me and that I need to be left alone. I know she is 4 and doesn't understand but I find it frustrating.

Or sometimes I just fail to understand that if she is crying, it's for a reason. I get snappy and don't understand why she is crying. It's usually loud and it overwhelms me.

I feel rather misunderstanding and emotionless towards her as I have no patience :\

Children
No Data