Should I apply for an EHCP

Hi 

im wondering if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction please,

our daughter has been diagnosed with autism, OCD and chronic tic disorder 

at school she is apparently hitting the national average and therefore school

state there is no evidence to support an application at present for an EHCP.

she suffers severely at school and great that she is making the grade however it's the other areas she is struggling in i.e social communication etc so because she is making the grades does this mean we would t stand a chance if we applied for an EHCP.

kind regards

Parents
  • Yes I would agree with that, the personal account quoting verbal comments and your own observations are every bit as important as the 'reports'. If however you are not good at putting your thoughts into writing, in a logical sequence then I would imagine the 'journey' towards securing an EHCP would be so much more difficult. You have to be very persistent and even then, there are no shortcuts sadly. I'm now at the stage where I'm very weary, my enthusiasm has been worn away by the wheels of the local authority grinding painfully slow, which is ironic as they are also my employer too and I've been off ill with depression since November as they can't hurry the process up. It's diabolical, it really is.

A perfect example of public sector incompetence, if they were paid by result like the private sector the ehcp's would be issued more hastily.

• Yes I would agree with that, the personal account quoting verbal comments and your own observations are every bit as important as the 'reports'. If however you are not good at putting your thoughts into writing, in a logical sequence then I would imagine the 'journey' towards securing an EHCP would be so much more difficult. You have to be very persistent and even then, there are no shortcuts sadly. I'm now at the stage where I'm very weary, my enthusiasm has been worn away by the wheels of the local authority grinding painfully slow, which is ironic as they are also my employer too and I've been off ill with depression since November as they can't hurry the process up. It's diabolical, it really is.

A perfect example of public sector incompetence, if they were paid by result like the private sector the ehcp's would be issued more hastily.

Children
No Data