Should I apply for an EHCP

Hi 

im wondering if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction please,

our daughter has been diagnosed with autism, OCD and chronic tic disorder 

at school she is apparently hitting the national average and therefore school

state there is no evidence to support an application at present for an EHCP.

she suffers severely at school and great that she is making the grade however it's the other areas she is struggling in i.e social communication etc so because she is making the grades does this mean we would t stand a chance if we applied for an EHCP.

kind regards

Parents
  • That's great news, its a good feeling when you don't have to battle for help/support for your kiddiwink. We applied in December and got turned down so have just appealed it so I'm now hoping the LA will change their minds and asses. Just waiting for our tribunal date, the thing that is tricky is that all agencies state she is so complex but don't know what support she needs. I know because I live with her and know how best to support her but sadly no one seems to want to listen to that information. 

Congratulations on your news and I wish you all the best

• That's great news, its a good feeling when you don't have to battle for help/support for your kiddiwink. We applied in December and got turned down so have just appealed it so I'm now hoping the LA will change their minds and asses. Just waiting for our tribunal date, the thing that is tricky is that all agencies state she is so complex but don't know what support she needs. I know because I live with her and know how best to support her but sadly no one seems to want to listen to that information. 

Congratulations on your news and I wish you all the best

Children
No Data