Should I apply for an EHCP

Hi 

im wondering if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction please,

our daughter has been diagnosed with autism, OCD and chronic tic disorder 

at school she is apparently hitting the national average and therefore school

state there is no evidence to support an application at present for an EHCP.

she suffers severely at school and great that she is making the grade however it's the other areas she is struggling in i.e social communication etc so because she is making the grades does this mean we would t stand a chance if we applied for an EHCP.

kind regards

Parents
  • Hi I wanted to pop back with an update. I applied (as outlined above) for my son in December 2016 and our LA Agreed to Assess!!! I am 80-80% sure he will get an EHCP and additional funding for the school to provide support. I will post more when it is all finalised but don't listen to the man who say that able Aspies don't get help. The tide seems to have turned and those in the know realise that help now should avoid mental health problems- well they seem to in our LA anyway! 

• Hi I wanted to pop back with an update. I applied (as outlined above) for my son in December 2016 and our LA Agreed to Assess!!! I am 80-80% sure he will get an EHCP and additional funding for the school to provide support. I will post more when it is all finalised but don't listen to the man who say that able Aspies don't get help. The tide seems to have turned and those in the know realise that help now should avoid mental health problems- well they seem to in our LA anyway! 

Children
No Data