Social Stories

Hi everyone,

I am a third year student studying Education, and I'm currently doing a dissertation looking at the use of Social Stories by parents and professionals working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder in order to determine the best ways to use Social Stories the most effectively.

If you are a parent or professional who have used Social Stories before, please please please fill in this short questionnaire! It's completely anonymous and will take no longer than 10 minutes(link removed by moderator)

Thank you! Smile (please private message me if you have any questions)

• Hi Sophie,

Community rules state clearly that you should not publish any links connected to research unless you've already gained permission from NAS.

I had to removed the link posted - Avi, the community manager will get back to you.

Longman, thank you so much for your help.

best,

kalliopi 

• Check the Community rules, - you should seek permission from the Moderators to do this. The site is a safe place for people to seek help, and it is unfair to use it as a quarry for student projects.

One problem is confidentiality. How do you ensure that information disclosed (people's descriptions of events could identify them through where they live and access services) cannot get into the wrong hands?

Also there are rules governing how student projects/dissertations gather data, such as if you have insufficient control on the veracity of the data. You should consult your supervisor about this.