Temporary accommodation

Hello everyone I am seeking advice if anyone has any information, we are a family with 3 children 10,5,2 year old unfortunately the 5 year old has autism and at the moment we are placed on a temporary accommodation after the council put us on main duty I got a call from a lady from the council and offered me another temporary accommodation still unsuitable and was rushing us to make a decision we refused it and she told us that she won't be helping us no more and this was a good will of gesture so any advice? Much obliged 

Parents
  • Shelter or Crisis would perhaps be the best place for advice.  Possibly Citizen's Advice Bureau.

If the lady from the council had told you it was that or nothing, would you have taken it?

By doing it the way she did, they can tick the box that they offered it to you, to meet quotas, while offering it to someone else.  It makes me wonder how many times they do that before someone takes up the offer. Very sneaky.

I have seen some appalling council housing, so can understand why you would refuse if it is poor or unsuitable.

I hope you are able to get some good advice, and ongoing help, so that you can find your way into a permanent home soon.

Best Wishes

• Shelter or Crisis would perhaps be the best place for advice.  Possibly Citizen's Advice Bureau.

If the lady from the council had told you it was that or nothing, would you have taken it?

By doing it the way she did, they can tick the box that they offered it to you, to meet quotas, while offering it to someone else.  It makes me wonder how many times they do that before someone takes up the offer. Very sneaky.

I have seen some appalling council housing, so can understand why you would refuse if it is poor or unsuitable.

I hope you are able to get some good advice, and ongoing help, so that you can find your way into a permanent home soon.

Best Wishes

Children
No Data