Any Advice wil be helpful

My 9 year old son is autistic and has quite a sheltered life.  He attended a small school and has a lot of friends however i have found that some to be easily inflicting him to say things and do things. 

his father and i have tired to explain that he does not need to tell everyone every conversation we have whether good or bad and that he should not believe his friends all the time but he is not taking it in and just says sorry even though he is not being told off.

Any advice on how i can make him understand that some children are taking advantage and not to do and believe everything they say. 

thanks in advance 

L

Parents
  • It's amazing how he feels so free to be completely authentic and open. It can be difficult to help build the potential while teaching him how to protect what's important.

We tend to be motivated different - not by social hierarchy or domination, so it's really difficult to remember others are motivated by this. I don't think it seriously occurred that the world was so wildly different until my 40s. 

This mismatch of inner motivation shapes our perspective, projections and bias of others. The complexity here is helping him work out how to differentiate between those who have proven their friendship vs ill-intent. 

Aside from TV shows or movies which help express human cruelty in ways that aren't traumatising, the concept of relationships as investment and debt are useful if he's interested in money. But it's tough at this age. 

• It's amazing how he feels so free to be completely authentic and open. It can be difficult to help build the potential while teaching him how to protect what's important.

We tend to be motivated different - not by social hierarchy or domination, so it's really difficult to remember others are motivated by this. I don't think it seriously occurred that the world was so wildly different until my 40s. 

This mismatch of inner motivation shapes our perspective, projections and bias of others. The complexity here is helping him work out how to differentiate between those who have proven their friendship vs ill-intent. 

Aside from TV shows or movies which help express human cruelty in ways that aren't traumatising, the concept of relationships as investment and debt are useful if he's interested in money. But it's tough at this age. 

Children
No Data