English citizen abroad - NHS recognition

Hello dear parents and carrers

My son is english and french, he was diagnosed by a neuropsychologist in France. 

But he follows the english curriculum with the Cambridge program. 

I would like to have an official diagnosis for the IGCSE (International GCSE) but I do not know where to start because we do not have access to a gp etc 

Thanks for your help if you have any advices :) 

Parents
  • If he is being entered for the exam by a school or college, they should be able to negotiate special accommodations with the examination board.  The only issue might be if the original document is in French and needs to be translated - the board might require a notarised translation. Many schools have teachers who are trained to "sign off" accommodations - have you asked his school or college?

If he is an independent candidate he will need to be booked into an Examination Centre, often a local independent school who charge for proctoring the examination. They might be able to advise you on special arrangements, as they would have to implement them.

Ovesea assessments are not necessarily a problem. I was diagnosed as an adult, and have since done several undergraduate and postgraduate courses with four universities, all of whom accepted my ADHD diagnosis from a neuropsychologist in the USA as evidence for additional accommodations.

It is up to the examination board what documentation they require.. The process has nothing to do with his NHS record unless you want a copy of a report from a NHS clinician as your evidence of special needs.

• If he is being entered for the exam by a school or college, they should be able to negotiate special accommodations with the examination board.  The only issue might be if the original document is in French and needs to be translated - the board might require a notarised translation. Many schools have teachers who are trained to "sign off" accommodations - have you asked his school or college?

If he is an independent candidate he will need to be booked into an Examination Centre, often a local independent school who charge for proctoring the examination. They might be able to advise you on special arrangements, as they would have to implement them.

Ovesea assessments are not necessarily a problem. I was diagnosed as an adult, and have since done several undergraduate and postgraduate courses with four universities, all of whom accepted my ADHD diagnosis from a neuropsychologist in the USA as evidence for additional accommodations.

It is up to the examination board what documentation they require.. The process has nothing to do with his NHS record unless you want a copy of a report from a NHS clinician as your evidence of special needs.

Children
No Data