Online GCSE's and A'Levels

My daughter left year 11 last year (June 2023).

She now would like to try to study for Maths and English GCSE - but on line and at her own pace.  She will not go back to a classroom setting or interact with a classroom online learning style. 

She would prefer a self led style study where she will work through the topics and receive feedback in written form. 

Does such a thing exist? I have found lots of IGCSE type companies on the internet but I do not know which are reputable, autistic friendly format, the correct qualification.

Also they are quite costly, do I use her PIP to pay for it or is there somewhere to get funding?

Thanks - any help much appreciated. 

Parents
  • I am new to here, but am interested in the answer for my son who is starting Year 11 and not accessed education properly from main stream for several years.  What is an Autistic Friendlt format please? I have heard that IGCSE's are still good, and I did previous research before and some reputable companies do online GCSEs and or do the schooling online. 

the issue with my son is he struggles with self motivation but also struggles with school and sticking to times. I think he has adhd as well. I think self learning online tutors would be better option for my son though.

• I am new to here, but am interested in the answer for my son who is starting Year 11 and not accessed education properly from main stream for several years.  What is an Autistic Friendlt format please? I have heard that IGCSE's are still good, and I did previous research before and some reputable companies do online GCSEs and or do the schooling online. 

the issue with my son is he struggles with self motivation but also struggles with school and sticking to times. I think he has adhd as well. I think self learning online tutors would be better option for my son though.

Children
No Data