Sleep - advice!

My 3 year old recently got diagnosed with autism and the therapist said her sleep looks ok. However, upon discussing my daughter’s sleep I did express my concerns and frustration! She takes a very long time to wind down and she’s regressed to having milk in a bottle. My daughter does end up falling asleep (eventually after 3/4 hours) but wakes up continuously throughout the night. Every time she wakes up, she has a meltdown screaming and crying. The first time she wakes is for the toilet and we’ve been told due to the sensory feeling of needing the toilet, it can upset her. But it doesn’t excuse the other times she wakes up. I’m hoping things will improve once the summer holidays are over and she’s back in a routine but I need advice on what I can do to help her sleep through the night….do I take her to the GP to get something to help her sleep? I’m exhausted! I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old too 

Parents
  • I remember reading an interesting chapter on sleep in 'hunt, gather, parent' by M. Doucleff. It's available via audio on Audible (free, if you don't already have an account) and paperback. It's not autism-specific, but could still be helpful.

• I remember reading an interesting chapter on sleep in 'hunt, gather, parent' by M. Doucleff. It's available via audio on Audible (free, if you don't already have an account) and paperback. It's not autism-specific, but could still be helpful.

Children
No Data