GPS Trackers

Hello. First time posting.

I have a 5 year old autistic son that loves eloping, and we are due to go on our first abroad holiday in August and just wanted a bit of extra safety once we are there. 

So wondered if anyone could recommend any water proof gps trackers we could use while we are there and potentially once we are back. Thanks 

• I tracked my cat and other things with a tiny gps tracker that needs it's own sim card. they are good if the battery is kept healthy.

Look for pet tracker or gps tracker on ebay to get a HUGE choice. It could easily be sewn into a favourite stuffed toy.

• Possibly something like the Apple Airtag would be a good bet so long as you are going to be in areas with people around (these require the iPhone network to be detectable).

These are small enough to put into a securable pocket on your sons clothes.

I note they are not waterproof (only water resistant) so will be of limited use if he swims with the clothes on.

Most other similar devices I have seen appear less universal in their coverage and have different drawbacks (range, subscription required, bulky etc). It will probably depend on what sort of phones you have as these need to be compatible with it.