Social stories

I need to teach my Son about safety personal care and hygiene and when and when not to dial the emergency services.  I’m not sure how much he takes in verbally/ orally. With books and cartoons he will only look at and watch what he wants to. Any ideas? 

Parents
  • What about an interactive puppet story?

I don't have kids so I may be completely off mark but I kind of remembered something from my preschool that had helped me understand "right from wrong". I want to be a preschool teacher too, so I am interested in these things!

You can creates short storied with toys or puppets where they ask your kid what he thinks is the right think to do and have a conversation about it if he says the wrong thing. 

An example:

The puppets are out playing and then they return home to eat lunch. They turn to your son and ask " hmmmm I feel like we should be doing something else first before eating, what could that be..? " You are supposed to wash your hands of course so you help him come to the conclusion himself and slowly talking to him about it and why we do that. 

Hope this will be fun for both of you!

• What about an interactive puppet story?

I don't have kids so I may be completely off mark but I kind of remembered something from my preschool that had helped me understand "right from wrong". I want to be a preschool teacher too, so I am interested in these things!

You can creates short storied with toys or puppets where they ask your kid what he thinks is the right think to do and have a conversation about it if he says the wrong thing. 

An example:

The puppets are out playing and then they return home to eat lunch. They turn to your son and ask " hmmmm I feel like we should be doing something else first before eating, what could that be..? " You are supposed to wash your hands of course so you help him come to the conclusion himself and slowly talking to him about it and why we do that. 

Hope this will be fun for both of you!

Children