Advice for autistic teen who overthinks and then spirals

Hi all, my 16 year old daughter has just been diagnosed as ASD. She us generally OK socially and academically but tends to spiral at the slightest setback and spirals down, with it affecting her mood cor whole days.

Can anyone point me in the direction of webites or books that might help her to work on this?

We are just a few days away from GCSEs and she has gone into school tearful and distressed because her friend has changed plans for Friday night!

Any advice?

Thank you.

Parents
  • Thanks so much for your comments. Very timely as, despite me having to collect her from school because she was so distraught, she did gather herself this afternoon and went to the gym with her Dad. BUT she has just messaged me to say her friend has TOTALLY cancelled and - as when she was at school - she is upset and wants to come home. I need to have a conversation with her when she gets home to avoid ANOTHER sleepless night and ruined school day, so your advice is very helpful. Thanks.

• Thanks so much for your comments. Very timely as, despite me having to collect her from school because she was so distraught, she did gather herself this afternoon and went to the gym with her Dad. BUT she has just messaged me to say her friend has TOTALLY cancelled and - as when she was at school - she is upset and wants to come home. I need to have a conversation with her when she gets home to avoid ANOTHER sleepless night and ruined school day, so your advice is very helpful. Thanks.

Children
No Data