I am so proud of my daughter

Chloe, my 17 y.o daughter, is thriving. Yes we still have bad days, everyone does, but I am soo proud of her. 

1. She passed her driving test and absolutely loves driving, but does it way too much spending an absolute fortune on petrol, lol.

2. She has applied for a Health and Social Care course in a college, she hopes to work with children with special needs/additional needs. 

3. She is doing her exams next month. 

4. She is a lot happier in herself and is accepting her autism diagnosis and spreading awareness.

5. Her communication and self regulation skills have improved so much. 

She is working with YOT (Youth Offending Team) twice a week, has iTalk phone consultations, has support in school and of course at home. 

Her behaviour is a lot better and her 'bad days' have decreased so much. 

This is my second post, because all the others were her, trying to get help and support in the only way she needs how and I deeply apologise for all the confusion and feelings she has created. 

Lucy 

• And after reading this I’m proud of you!!! I’m going through such an hoffific time at the moment and every post I put on is to squeeze as much information as I can to help my daughter!! By reading this post you have given me some hope that things might be ok!!! 
    thank you so much and I’m so glad for you, your family and your daughter!! 
    let’s go get em!!! New day!!!

• I have followed your posts over the last couple of years, I’m so glad your daughter is in a much better place. No more buses or taxis and able to travel wherever she wants, big milestone and acceptance of being autistic. School wasn’t the ideal place for her, I hope she achieves all of her goals. She must feel so much better in her mind.

• Aww that's wonderful. So many positives here!

Driving brings so much freedom, I remember when I passed my test, I was 19 at the time and I drove far and wide for ages just seeing more of the beautiful Irish countryside. I still like driving but when the roads are busy it can be a bit stressful.

Congrats to your daughter. I hope she has more positivity to come. Relaxed

• Excellent to hear.

She got to a certain stage, where it was 'Change, or suffer the consequences'. That's when we become teachable. My brother went through the same, whenever he turned 20.