Unable to wear clothes help needed

Hi all

My 6 year old has just been diagnosed.  She has been school refusing since October only managing half days or a few days. Currently she is unable to tolerate wearing any clothes apart from knickers and is refusing to leave the house.

Any advice or recommendations on what may help with sensory issues around clothes-she says it hurts and we have tried multiple clothes etc...and also any recommendations around help leaving the house? She cant even go out to do things she wants to do.

Thanks

Parents
  • What do you wash clothes in? EcoZero is hypoallergenic with no added chemically designed Scents.

Our human biology is suited for silk and wool, which will respond with internal temperature regulation. There are a few companies like Cambridge Baby and Mama Owl with silk/wool base layers. They are incredibly soft on the skin. But wools are made these days which are like wearing butter: baby alpaca, marino, cashmere (and it's even affordable). We don't really need a closet of clothes. And natural fibres return to the earth unlike the plastic threads of polys and nylons which are basically a petroleum by-product.

Another fabric to look into is tree fibres. They can be light and soft, but they will also cause the human biology to stay cold so would recommend maybe a dress for the summer. 

At one point I had found a dress by a designer I liked and could afford in a tree fibre. I bought 7 in different colours and a few wool jackets/sweaters to wear over. Done and dusted.

Natural cottons are also great, especially for sleeping, but for kids you may want to make sure they're a jersey and not a blend.

• Don't forget linen, one of the oldest textiles in the world.

Socks made from bamboo are really nice and soft and similar to cotton, but much more sustainable.

Hemp makes a lovely fabric, strong like denim and hard wearing, but soft with a good drape and fantastic when mixed with other fibres like linen or silk.

• Don't forget linen, one of the oldest textiles in the world.

Socks made from bamboo are really nice and soft and similar to cotton, but much more sustainable.

Hemp makes a lovely fabric, strong like denim and hard wearing, but soft with a good drape and fantastic when mixed with other fibres like linen or silk.

Children
No Data