Dislike of vibration, coping strategies so he can join in events he wants to attend

Hi everyone, my son (nearly 13) is fearful of and dislikes the feeling of vibration. This is a challenge at events that he is keen to go to when there are powerful speakers and you can feel the vibration through the ground or floor. He says it's not noise; ear plugs and deffenders make no difference. We've tried using a beanbag to try to minimise this which works a little. Has anyone experienced anything similar. He wants to join his friends but the vibration is getting in the way. Fireworks are the same, he jumps in the air to avoid the feeling through the ground. Can anyone help so he feels able to join in with things he wants to do. Thank you

Parents
  • if possible then sit on a sand bag, sand is one of the best vibration insulators there is, or and probably more managable are vibration cancelling pads, these come in various shapes and sizes, I did a quick google and loads came up. Maybe he could make cushions from them, and/or insoles for his shoes?

• if possible then sit on a sand bag, sand is one of the best vibration insulators there is, or and probably more managable are vibration cancelling pads, these come in various shapes and sizes, I did a quick google and loads came up. Maybe he could make cushions from them, and/or insoles for his shoes?

Children
No Data