Finance

Hi, 

Looking for a bit of guidance regarding helping my adult sister and her finances. She's autistic and when my parents pass, I'll be her carer. She's pretty bad with her finances and struggles to hold a job and I want to help her so that she doesn't fall into debt and has somewhere to live but I'm not sure the best way to go about this. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Alice

Parents
  • hard to suggest as we dont know the finances available to her.
    but not holding a job is a issue as for any plan youd need work stability.

unless she does have enough money to buy a cheap property, then once she has ownership of any cheap property im sure the job center can easy cover any bills or anything. but rent would be impossible as rents too high and mortgage requires a job to satisfy the lender.... but generally if you want a cheap free life you need ownership of your own property, and thats what you need to look at.... if she doesnt have enough finances for ownership of a property then shed have to get a job and stick with it and satisfy a lender to get a affordable cheap mortgage on a cheap property.... im using affordable and cheap alot because most people do dumb stuff like buy their ideal property or something they like the look of all of which are over their realistic price ability and all of which will give them too high mortgage repayments.

so yeah alot depends on how much she already has if she can just slip into a place... if not, it likely requires her to stick with any job she doesnt like and tough it out until mortgage is cleared.

in all reality though if you are her carer and have authority over her and she has no self authority i think this may go against her to any lender... so i dunno i dont think my advice will work in your case. if you have a place of your own you may end up having to take her in and looking after her at yours?

on that last point, what kind of property do you live in and do you own it? .... you could perhaps modify a living accomodation in your backgarden... like how people make those mini pod homes or something. then she can sorta live at your property but in her own independant mini home or caravan in your garden... although most people dont have gardens and this wont work if you dont own it anyway.

• We currently live in a council house which she can stay in with my parents until they pass on. Hopefully this is some time away. 

Regarding her work, getting her into long term, stable work is the overall end game but as I am sure you are aware, this is easier said than done! We are looking into NHS work for her as much of this involves following processes and rules and there are such a vast array of roles that there should be one that fits. 

• nhs should be easy to get into and stay in considering their claims that they have staff shortages and everyone is leaving because they want american style private healthcare wages... so they should be taking anyone and aiming to keep their staff they get with that in mind.

• nhs should be easy to get into and stay in considering their claims that they have staff shortages and everyone is leaving because they want american style private healthcare wages... so they should be taking anyone and aiming to keep their staff they get with that in mind.

Children
No Data