Pushchair for large 6 year old Austsic Child

Hello, can any one help? I need an extra strong pushchair for severely Autistic 6 year old who is too large and strong for traditional pushchair and it's too unsafe and disregulating for him to walk in some places. OT said he needs a buggy but the medical ones are not now available unless there's an actual physical disability. Does anyone have any ideas/advice?

Thankyou. 

• Hiya, 

Literally just Google to find what type/brand you might like. I researched for like a month and just ordered one that I thought I might like. 

I love mine

• Oh sorry I’ve just read your message again, that they won’t provide one for you. Can you appeal the decision? If you receive benefits you could apply to family fund. There’s a charity Caudwell children who may be able to assist you? 

• Mobiquip XL pushchair & The McLaren elite are both pretty similar and are excellent very strong are are suitable until 12 years: 

If you ask your GP or OT to put a referral into the NHS wheel chair service they should provide you with a Mobiquip XL free of charge. 

• OT said he needs a buggy but the medical ones are not now available unless there's an actual physical disability.

There are some charities that get this sort of equipment second hand (or surplus stock) - Mobility Foundation seems high on the search engine results (I have no connection to them).

It may be worth reaching out, especially if you have a specific model of buggy that has been recommended.

You can also try eBay as this stuff sometimes turns up on there, but there will be a number of risks on its condition I expect.

Relying on the NHS is likely to go nowhere unfortunately so charities are the best alternative.