Seeking advice/recommendation for young autistic graduate job-seeking

I am seeking advice on sources of employment support and inclusion for young autistic adults (mentoring/ internships/ interview support, autism friendly employers) in SE of England (ideally Sussex/Surrey)

My 22 year old daughter has skills and  voluntary/ experience and a degree, but struggles at interview and has faced both unconscious and (we suspect) overt discrimination because she presents differently from neurotypical. She is struggling to move beyond temporary, part-time work, faces usual dilemmas about whether to declare disability in applications etc.

I have followed up support links on NAS website but interested in others' advice/ recommendations and experiences.

Many thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Is your daughter good at IT at all?  I heard the autism-friendly company Auticon mentioned just this weekend (I was following up on a Carrie Grant interview mentioned in Your Autism magazine). 

Auticon places (mostly formally diagnosed) autistic individuals who are good at IT with companies who need IT skills, and strong ND support is provided (individuals can work either at the relevant companies' offices, or work from home), and it might be worth exploring. (Search 'Auticon', then click on their Careers tab.)

Good luck, either way :)

• Is your daughter good at IT at all?  I heard the autism-friendly company Auticon mentioned just this weekend (I was following up on a Carrie Grant interview mentioned in Your Autism magazine). 

Auticon places (mostly formally diagnosed) autistic individuals who are good at IT with companies who need IT skills, and strong ND support is provided (individuals can work either at the relevant companies' offices, or work from home), and it might be worth exploring. (Search 'Auticon', then click on their Careers tab.)

Good luck, either way :)

Children
No Data