understanding autism

So sometimes when I get upset at people I get told that I know the difference between being autistic and being rude I try my best

but neurotypicals are different and I don't mean to come across that way and can anybody else with ASD relate?

Parents
  • My honesty has been taken as rudeness on occasion. On others it's been appreciated. I was that one person prepared to say what everyone else knew to be true but were too busy *** footing around the real issue out of some sense of social deference or other to say it. Lol.

In some contexts there are ways to mitigate. I have a strap line on my work e-mail signature that just says 'I'm autistic and need time to switch between tasks', for instance. There might be circumstances where you feel comfortable saying; 'I'm autistic. This means I tend to be forthright and miss social cues. Rudeness is never intended.'

• My honesty has been taken as rudeness on occasion. On others it's been appreciated. I was that one person prepared to say what everyone else knew to be true but were too busy *** footing around the real issue out of some sense of social deference or other to say it. Lol.

In some contexts there are ways to mitigate. I have a strap line on my work e-mail signature that just says 'I'm autistic and need time to switch between tasks', for instance. There might be circumstances where you feel comfortable saying; 'I'm autistic. This means I tend to be forthright and miss social cues. Rudeness is never intended.'

Children
No Data