Covid vaccine 2 dose for teenage recently diagnosed -age 15

Hi,

I am hoping some one can help with this one.  We understand that our daughter who was given autism diagnosis in late September that she can now get a second vaccine.  GP surgery not having any of it.  I maybe completely wrong, does it matter if the assessment was completed privately and therefore diagnose is private and not NHS?

Does anybody have any advice, we are in St Albans.

Thank you:)

Parents
  • Hello, I've been looking into private diagnoses recently. My understanding from what I was told is that if the NHS refuses to accept a private diagnosis, then the clinician who made the diagnosis can challenge that refusal by making available the criteria they used. As long as their credentials are in order, there should be no problem. So perhaps consider going back to the doctor you used and asking them for help.

Incidentally, assuming the private doctor has followed the procedure correctly, this seems pretty shoddy behaviour on the behalf of your GP.

• Hello, I've been looking into private diagnoses recently. My understanding from what I was told is that if the NHS refuses to accept a private diagnosis, then the clinician who made the diagnosis can challenge that refusal by making available the criteria they used. As long as their credentials are in order, there should be no problem. So perhaps consider going back to the doctor you used and asking them for help.

Incidentally, assuming the private doctor has followed the procedure correctly, this seems pretty shoddy behaviour on the behalf of your GP.

Children
No Data