Anxiety over fire alarms!

Hey, I'm a university student and i am currently living in halls of residance at uni. I feel like I made a mistake because I realised that there are fire alarms in each room and I know its there to keep people safe, but whenever I'm in my room, I always have the fear that it will go off. I'm not scared of the loud noise but the sudden unexpected jump scare when it comes, and it creates this uncomfortable feeling.

At the moment, I'm at home but living at uni means I can focus well on my studies and improving myself. I'm waiting for support but does anyone have any tips?

Thank you so much x

Parents
  • Hey :) I wouldn't worry about them, they're very uncommon, and you only need to deal with it once it comes. Fire alarms are meant to be shocking, as it's an emergency situation so you have to stop everything. It might be uncomfortable but you stay alive x

• Hey :) I wouldn't worry about them, they're very uncommon, and you only need to deal with it once it comes. Fire alarms are meant to be shocking, as it's an emergency situation so you have to stop everything. It might be uncomfortable but you stay alive x

Children