Private assessment and diagnosis advice

Hi all

I am looking for advice, as to having my 12 year old daughter assessed and diagnosed to see if she is on the autism spectrum.

We are based in the West Midlands.

We do not want to wait for the NHS, and therefore are looking for any recommendations for a private assessment?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated....

M

Parents
  • I can't vouch for the service, but there is a clinic called summerfield healthcare that does autism assessments in Wolverhampton.  I came across them some time ago.

I think concerns about whether a report would be acceptable to NHS or not is something of an urban myth.  As long as the person is qualified and you get a full report it should not be a problem.  Many of the consultant psychologists offering private assessments are the same people used by the NHS anyway.  Provided the process is carried out properly there should be no problem.  

• I can't vouch for the service, but there is a clinic called summerfield healthcare that does autism assessments in Wolverhampton.  I came across them some time ago.

I think concerns about whether a report would be acceptable to NHS or not is something of an urban myth.  As long as the person is qualified and you get a full report it should not be a problem.  Many of the consultant psychologists offering private assessments are the same people used by the NHS anyway.  Provided the process is carried out properly there should be no problem.  

Children