Return to swimming covid restrictions

Can anyone help, or point me in the right direction.

My son is a great swimmer. He is autistic and very anxious. When anxious he often goes mute as well. He has always struggled a little going to his swimming club as it is quite large and noisy. However, because of the 6 month gap in swimming due to covid, he is even more anxious to the point he is refusing to go back at all. I have spoken to the club, and they have tried to reassure me, but they dont seem to understand the gravity of his anxiety. Their new covid procedure is that all children have to be dropped off at a certain point, and then make their own way into the pool, change alone pool side, after the session change again and then come out to meet the parents. This is preventing my son from returning - he just wants me to accompany him to the door at least - preferably pool side. They are not allowing me unless I sign up as a volunteer. To me this seems wrong. It seems like discrimination - I dont know what to do as I dont want to be that annoying parent and it end up making life difficult for my son. But i also dont want him to miss out on something he is good at.

Parents
  • Why not volunteer?     I ended up as an explorer scout leader after helping out as a volunteer-  it was great fun and I had some amazing experiences and learned a lot of new skills during my time there.

• Why not volunteer?     I ended up as an explorer scout leader after helping out as a volunteer-  it was great fun and I had some amazing experiences and learned a lot of new skills during my time there.

Children
No Data