I think my 6 year old daughter has ASD - help please?!

Before covid 19, my daughter would have a complete melt down after school. Almost like she would get to the car and completely explode in a rage that she could not control. 

I also have other children, around her age so we do not have a quiet household, I've noticed since being at home she does seem much happier, however she goes absolutely mad when she thinks I'm not listening to her, that could be from me looking away for a brief second, one of her siblings playing in the background, someone else talking to me. 

If it's noisy she will cover her ears as if she cannot cope with it. She tells me it's too loud and frustrating her. 

She reacts to clothing being too hot, to big (slightly baggy) 

She's gone off most food, it's a struggle to get her to eat. Smells trigger her into a melt down also, not even bad smells, just smells in general. 

The thing is, when this all started with her after school I spoke to the teacher who couldn't believe it was the same little girl, and for a while neither could we, however I've recently read a thing called 'masking' and I'm wondering if this applies here? I do not know much about autism or anything as I've not had to look into it all before, I'm not sure if she even has it, but how would we possibly get a diagnosis if she has it but masks it. 

I hope this makes sense and thank you for reading. As I said all very new to me. I'm just after some advice. Thank you 

Parents Reply Children
No Data