Feeling Guilty

Hi all

I have been struggling with guilt regarding feeling overwhelmed with the prediagnosis journey I am on with my 14 year old. I feel I have no right as I am not the one living with the condition. I am always positive in public and with my family and I know that really it's not a big deal.... but sometimes it's just too much for me to get my head around.

Am I the only one?

Parents
  • It’s a lot to take in when your child gets diagnosed! I had both mine and my youngest daughter’s diagnosis within 8 months of each other. I had a few weeks where I felt really stressed and out of sorts. If I felt stuff normally then I’d probably still feel stressed and out of sorts! Be kind to yourself, it’s ok to feel overwhelmed! Are you and your child receiving any support following their diagnosis?

• It’s a lot to take in when your child gets diagnosed! I had both mine and my youngest daughter’s diagnosis within 8 months of each other. I had a few weeks where I felt really stressed and out of sorts. If I felt stuff normally then I’d probably still feel stressed and out of sorts! Be kind to yourself, it’s ok to feel overwhelmed! Are you and your child receiving any support following their diagnosis?

Children
No Data