Blue Badge

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend.

Has the Blue changes which now include Autism come into operation?

All I can see on the internet it will be coming in this year with no confirmed date.

Parents
  • I've heard that they are being inundated with applications as everyone believes they are now autistic - conveniently.   They are trying to sort the wheat from the chaff so there will be a period of being strict to reject the many, many fakers.

• Hi, not a problem of fakers, its actually possible to be too disabled to qualify, if you score 12 on the taking a journey section on a PIP assessment you will not qualify for a Blue Badge as you are deemed to be unable to get around without assistance, and your assistant means you don't need a blue badge (this is straight from the mouth of the Dept for Transport), however a score of 10 and no other will automatically get you a badge.

• I have a blind friend who cannot get about - they have a blue badge.

• Thank you so much for pointing out my mistake.   I will pay more attention to your replies next time.

• Blind people have always been able to get them , this is a site about autistic people and people with hidden dissabilities, and my post is about new rulings for autistic people, who have previously been prevented from obtaining blue badges, please fully read the previous posts before commenting.

• Blind people have always been able to get them , this is a site about autistic people and people with hidden dissabilities, and my post is about new rulings for autistic people, who have previously been prevented from obtaining blue badges, please fully read the previous posts before commenting.

Children