Blue Badge

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend.

Has the Blue changes which now include Autism come into operation?

All I can see on the internet it will be coming in this year with no confirmed date.

Parents
  • Hi, the changes to the Blue Badge Scheme are in effect and as usual the council is finding ways to make it impossible to apply under the new rules, I have just received a notification from the council that only someone with hidden disabilities with 10 points under planning a journey (PIP) can have a badge under the new scheme, anyone on 12 points does not qualify despite the DWP confirming to me that 12points is definitely a higher score than 10 (who would have thought), I have tried the department for transport website but there is no help posted there. Does anyone have any ideas is  this just a lone council being overly pedantic or are the organisers at the DFT really that stupid that they didn't check the meaning of sliding scale scoring with the DWP.

• Hi, the changes to the Blue Badge Scheme are in effect and as usual the council is finding ways to make it impossible to apply under the new rules, I have just received a notification from the council that only someone with hidden disabilities with 10 points under planning a journey (PIP) can have a badge under the new scheme, anyone on 12 points does not qualify despite the DWP confirming to me that 12points is definitely a higher score than 10 (who would have thought), I have tried the department for transport website but there is no help posted there. Does anyone have any ideas is  this just a lone council being overly pedantic or are the organisers at the DFT really that stupid that they didn't check the meaning of sliding scale scoring with the DWP.

Children
No Data