6 year old not learning at school

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before. Our 6 yr old son is now in primary in an Edinburgh school. 

He was diagnosed with ASD at age 4. In Scotland it seems most ASD kids go to mainstream school. Our little boy is often referred to as having his own agenda. 

Unfortunately he doesn't really pay attention at school. I am doing extra work with him in the evenings but he is quite simply falling further behind. I asked the school for 1:1 time  for him but only managed toget 20 mins per day literacy and 6 mins per day numeracy. It's heartbreaking just watching him fall further and further behind. Any advice on the formal steps to escalete tjhis in Scotland would be welcome.

Parents
  • Hi I'm really sorry to hear this, I know how it feels watching a child fall behind and helpless feeling that goes with it. 

If you check out this site there is a whole section on education rights and I believe that nas can give more in depth information on your area I'm the other end of the country so it is probably slightly different. 

• Hi I'm really sorry to hear this, I know how it feels watching a child fall behind and helpless feeling that goes with it. 

If you check out this site there is a whole section on education rights and I believe that nas can give more in depth information on your area I'm the other end of the country so it is probably slightly different. 

Children