Autism

Hi I am new to this site but just wanted to know if anyone could help me. My daughter is 17 and has shown signs of autism from being very young. I just thought she would grow out of these quirky patterns. I have been to the doctors over the years with my concerns but been told all is well. Last year she started a job which was going well with just a few little hiccups along the way. Things are getting a lot more challenging now and she seems to be really struggling so I returned back to the doctors. They have now said my daughter has autism and we are waiting to be referred. My big worry is I have been to the doctors on my own as I would never get her to come with me as she doesn’t think there is anything wrong with her. I am wanting to know how do you tell your child who struggles with things to start off with that you think she has autism. I feel it’s time to try and explain as everyone around her seems to know but I’m so scared of having to approach the subject. I would be very grateful if anyone could help. Thanks xx

Parents Reply Children
No Data