Please help !

Hi there, 

I'm looking for a bit of advice with our 5 year old boy recently diagnosed with ASD.

It's now getting to the point when we fear to take him out to the playground, softplay even supermarket as he runs at babies (and they are everywhere as you know) in the prams, carriers and either presses on their chest or tries to poke them in the eye! 

It's getting more and more upsetting /although I am always watching him and trying to block this unwanted behaviour/ to keep on apologizing daily and getting strange looks and comments from the parents...

We have tried explaining , social stories, even getting toy-babies but nothing seems to work...

Please help I am willing to try anything as staying at home all day can't be the answer ! 

Many thanks 

Parents
  • hi my daughters 5 I have the same issues I've found a lot of soft play areas now do quiet days if there are places you like to go ask about quiet days or days for special needs it makes it nicer for parents but more fun for kids 

• We only do quiet times at softplay and you are right it's so much better :-) 

There is only 1 autism group /trampolining/once a month in my area so not that autism friendly city, but things are improving with my boy back at school and doing very well ! 

All the best :-)

• We only do quiet times at softplay and you are right it's so much better :-) 

There is only 1 autism group /trampolining/once a month in my area so not that autism friendly city, but things are improving with my boy back at school and doing very well ! 

All the best :-)

Children
No Data