Advice about 14 year old daughter I suspect has autism

Hi all, I've never posted in here before and I'm really hoping someone can give me a bit of advice.

I already have a son (11) who has asd and had been diagnosed since he was 4.  With my daughter the situation is a bit different as it's only recently that I've suspected that she also is on the spectrum.  She has a lot of traits that have become more and more apparent in the last year or so and this has kind of blindsided me. 

My question really is where do I go next. She obviously will need to be assessed but is this something a gp will refer for or does it need to go through her senco at school? It was a lot different with my son as it was the health visitor that referred him

If anyone could shed any light I'd be really grateful.

Thank you Blush x

Parents
  • Hiya, make an appointment with your GP I would recommend and tell that you think your daughter has asd and tell them the traits, they should refer you. My GP did with me, (never heard of senco) but definitely go see your GP

• Hiya, make an appointment with your GP I would recommend and tell that you think your daughter has asd and tell them the traits, they should refer you. My GP did with me, (never heard of senco) but definitely go see your GP

Children
No Data