Awaiting diagnosis in need of some help/advice

Since last Sept my son has been really struggling, I put this down to his dad and I separating in Feb 2016 then his dad having a new partner who was pregnant before she had even met kids! And we had plotted on, in Nov 2017 my son had said he wanted to die, I got him a private psychologist and thought this was helping but at the beginning of March 2018 he tried to strangle himself 3 times (he was 9 then now 10) he was ref and seen by cahms who on the first meeting felt he may have aspergers, we have been going through all assessments and the next one (ados) isn't until August! My son is progressively getting worse, throwing things, hiding under school table, being on top of table, attempting to run away, he is so angry and upset. I've started doing a daily goal chart which helps a little and I bought ear defenders as he is struggling with noise is there anything else I could try to help? Thanksx

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi thank you so much for taking time to reply, it's been a rough few months, his attempt to strangle himself was in school and after his 3rd try ( he was using his own strength ) the teacher called me, I took him straight to gp who had already called cahms for urgent ref, but because it was 5pm they sent us to A&e where we waited for 5 hours to be told by a doctor "he doesn't want to hurt himself now, I mean I don't know where kids get these ideas from" to say I lost faith is an under statement, I work in nhs myself and have never felt so let down and got a good look at what it means to have mental health problems after 5pm. I will take down MIND and samaratins incase we ever need it, thank you so much x