Married to a man with Aspergers

we’ve been married for 10 years and have 2 children. He’s recently decided that he should have never “inflicted” himself on anyone! His analogy is I’m the granite and he’s dripping water.  I started strong but over time the drip drip drip is eroding me, which does have some truth.  Is there anybody on here who’s in a good long term relationship with some advice as the evidence seems to point to eventual separation - which I really don’t want and I don’t think he does either!

Parents
  • Hello, I have been married for a long time and have 5 children.  (A long time, right now I can't think how long that is but eldest child was born in 1991)

I am the autistic in this family. Our family works well, we spend a lot of time together, we play games, we all eat together we don't watch TV and don't spend very much time with electronics.

My husband knows me very well and if I am getting stressed either he noticed and helps me escape either to a book or to my room and if I notice first i just say I need to go and do whatever. 

The children have all coped amazingly with me. They knew when they were younger that I'm special and couldn't help that any more than someone with no legs can help that they have none. As they got older they became quite protective of me, enough so that I could go out with them if I needed to and they would look after me, well not look after me as such but be aware that if it got to much for me they would need to intervene.

.Do you know what it is about your relationship that is eroding you at all? If you have any particular problem  we (the community in general) might be able to come up with a work around, or i could ask hubby about it for you, but I'm not having him in here, this is my space.

Edited to add

're what Nas10473 said above, we spend all our time together.

• Hello, I have been married for a long time and have 5 children.  (A long time, right now I can't think how long that is but eldest child was born in 1991)

I am the autistic in this family. Our family works well, we spend a lot of time together, we play games, we all eat together we don't watch TV and don't spend very much time with electronics.

My husband knows me very well and if I am getting stressed either he noticed and helps me escape either to a book or to my room and if I notice first i just say I need to go and do whatever. 

The children have all coped amazingly with me. They knew when they were younger that I'm special and couldn't help that any more than someone with no legs can help that they have none. As they got older they became quite protective of me, enough so that I could go out with them if I needed to and they would look after me, well not look after me as such but be aware that if it got to much for me they would need to intervene.

.Do you know what it is about your relationship that is eroding you at all? If you have any particular problem  we (the community in general) might be able to come up with a work around, or i could ask hubby about it for you, but I'm not having him in here, this is my space.

Edited to add

're what Nas10473 said above, we spend all our time together.

Children
No Data