I am so drained and life feels exhausting

Hi Everyone I am new to the forum

my names kayleigh, I have 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl.  Their ages are 10, 4, 3 and 1. My 4 year old has ASD. I was just wondering does anyone ever get down with life just the pressure of it all, the repetitiveness, the meltdowns and behaviour ect? Or is it just me? 

Its so bad and extreme sometimes that I feel like I can’t carry on and do this anymore. It’s so draining and I just don’t feel like I have any sort of life. Am always tired, am mentally drained, I have zero energy!

please does this get any easier/better? 

Parents
  • Hi Kayleigh

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I have a 6 year old and 3 year old. We are currently going through the long process of trying to get some kind of diagnosis for our 6 year old. We suspect he has Aspergers. He is highly emotional and can 'blow' over almost anything. I try to anticipate what might 'set him off' and often I feel like it's like walking on eggshells around him, but no matter how much I try he often has meltdowns out of nowhere. It's absolutely exhausting and it does feel like there's just no break and you can never switch off. He is extremely demanding and can't seem to grasp other people's needs at all, and is very egocentric. I often feel guilty that my 3 year old doesn't get anywhere near as much attention as he dominates every situation. I find it incredibly hard just with the 2 of them. We have good days and bad days, and when we have a bad day, I do beat myself up about it, replaying incidents in my head and thinking about how I could have done things differently. I suppose all we can do is focus on the good days as much as we can.  I really don't know what the answer is but just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in feeling like this.

• Hi Kayleigh

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I have a 6 year old and 3 year old. We are currently going through the long process of trying to get some kind of diagnosis for our 6 year old. We suspect he has Aspergers. He is highly emotional and can 'blow' over almost anything. I try to anticipate what might 'set him off' and often I feel like it's like walking on eggshells around him, but no matter how much I try he often has meltdowns out of nowhere. It's absolutely exhausting and it does feel like there's just no break and you can never switch off. He is extremely demanding and can't seem to grasp other people's needs at all, and is very egocentric. I often feel guilty that my 3 year old doesn't get anywhere near as much attention as he dominates every situation. I find it incredibly hard just with the 2 of them. We have good days and bad days, and when we have a bad day, I do beat myself up about it, replaying incidents in my head and thinking about how I could have done things differently. I suppose all we can do is focus on the good days as much as we can.  I really don't know what the answer is but just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in feeling like this.

Children
No Data