I am so drained and life feels exhausting

Hi Everyone I am new to the forum

my names kayleigh, I have 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl.  Their ages are 10, 4, 3 and 1. My 4 year old has ASD. I was just wondering does anyone ever get down with life just the pressure of it all, the repetitiveness, the meltdowns and behaviour ect? Or is it just me? 

Its so bad and extreme sometimes that I feel like I can’t carry on and do this anymore. It’s so draining and I just don’t feel like I have any sort of life. Am always tired, am mentally drained, I have zero energy!

please does this get any easier/better? 

Parents
  • Hello there , I am new member as well

My name is Sonia and I have a daughter with 4 year's old with ASD and a husband that is in completely denials and workaholic. Seriousily he is working 7 days a week 11 hours per day living my own all the time.My daugther loves him so much but he is not giving her any support or attention that she needs.I am exhausted all the time and I feel stupid to remind him to give her affection.I already talk with him so many times but nothing changes.I am so tired and alone on this

• Hi Sonia.  Is your husband like that because he struggles with the diagnosis?  My husband is similar where he ll go to work and I have to do everything, yet he thinks he keeps the family together.  My husband has anxiety because of Lukes diagnosis which turns into OCD, so instead of playing with him, all he can see is what needs tidying or straightening.  Me and my husband constantly fight and argue but my husband doesnt change either.  Sometimes I think Id manage much better on my own as Id only have my sons stresses rather than his dads aswell. X

• I think so.He is just in his corner which is not fair.We argue a lot because I am so drained and I need his help I don't have nobody to ask for help family and friends are in Portugal here in the Uk although I made a few friends I don't feel going to them and asking for help.

• I think so.He is just in his corner which is not fair.We argue a lot because I am so drained and I need his help I don't have nobody to ask for help family and friends are in Portugal here in the Uk although I made a few friends I don't feel going to them and asking for help.

Children
  • Your problem sounds similar to mine.  My husband is so stressed and anxious because of Luke his OCD overtakes everything and he does nothing thats proactive.

Hes in a mood all the time. We either argue or dont talk to each other.  Ive begged him to get some help but he wont.

Ive had to change my life by getting months of counselling and going on antidepressants which helps me get by but he wont try anything.  Its so frustrating isnt it.  I cant really help you on this one Im afraid as I cant help myself either.

The only thing I could suggest is try to get funding from the Council to give you some respite. Maybe a youth club for special needs or a care centre if theres any in your area. Xxx