Mum of 11 year old daughter needs help

This is my first post so please bear with me. 

My daughter is 11 and was diagnosed as being on the autistic spectrum just over a year ago. She started senior school in September but is really struggling with friendships and is consequently being bullied, mostly on the bus home. I’d like any advice on helping her make and maintain friendships. 

Also, with hormones raging she is so up and down I’m struggling to handle some of her outbursts. She has taken to throwing stuff round in her room although she seems to be being careful not to actually break anything. I mostly sit outside her door in tears until it’s over but wish I could help her express her emotions without getting in such a state. 

Any my help/advice from those who have been where I am would be appreciated. Thanks x

Parents
  • Is there any way the school can help with this bullying on the bus? No prefects or adults she could sit closer to?

I wonder exactly what it is she is being bullied for. The answer to that may be the way to look for better coping strategies. 

School can be an absolute jungle. I hope you can find some ways to navigate this difficult milestone. 

• Is there any way the school can help with this bullying on the bus? No prefects or adults she could sit closer to?

I wonder exactly what it is she is being bullied for. The answer to that may be the way to look for better coping strategies. 

School can be an absolute jungle. I hope you can find some ways to navigate this difficult milestone. 

Children
  • I will be contacting the school/bus company tomorrow as it is a private bus for her school only. I assumed there was an adult on board supervising but maybe not. 

I feel she is an easy target for bullies as she tends to be on her own. It’s just name calling and throwing rubbish as her at the moment but it’s really upsetting her.