Livid with teacher

My daughter is autistic and in year 6. Yesterday 10 mins after lunch she said she felt her period and didn't have a pad on. She asked the teacher if she could go to the toilet and was told no she would have to wait until home time. My daughter said she whispered to her that she didn't have a pad on and it was a female reason. The teacher said she didn't need to know that and she should have dealt with it in her lunch break. She had to go back to her seat and bled all over her chair.

Parents
  • This post makes me want to cry. I feel so sorry for your daughter and hope it won't have lasting consequences. These kind of teachers can really ruin life quality for youngsters with ASD!!  I also feel these kind of teachers pick on the most vulnerable who won't answer back.

I had severe anxiety due to all this "you can't pee during class hours - you must go in the break". I now realise it was due to anxiety I needed to pee so often anyway. This anxiety ruined seven years of my life.

But because of a period... my goodness, this really is abuse. Did the teacher realise your daughter is autistic? My gosh.... I really am horrified this kind of stuff is still going on 30 years later... and anyway autistic kids should be allowed to leave to go to the loo even if they don't need the loo - just in order to prevent overload.

• This post makes me want to cry. I feel so sorry for your daughter and hope it won't have lasting consequences. These kind of teachers can really ruin life quality for youngsters with ASD!!  I also feel these kind of teachers pick on the most vulnerable who won't answer back.

I had severe anxiety due to all this "you can't pee during class hours - you must go in the break". I now realise it was due to anxiety I needed to pee so often anyway. This anxiety ruined seven years of my life.

But because of a period... my goodness, this really is abuse. Did the teacher realise your daughter is autistic? My gosh.... I really am horrified this kind of stuff is still going on 30 years later... and anyway autistic kids should be allowed to leave to go to the loo even if they don't need the loo - just in order to prevent overload.

Children
No Data