intelligence

does anyone else feel this because i feel like out of anyone i know that i'm the dumbest and that i can never be as smart as everyone else and that i won't be able to get a good career because of this. i just feel like my IQ doesn't measure up to others.

Parents
  • It genuinely depends on what sort of IQ test you have gone through.  I had a dyslexia assessment at Uni and they use a different one.  If I had 2% more I could have joined Mensa.  

When I studied Sociology we found that IQ tests, particularly the standard ones are biased.  Biased in terms of it favours those with favourable backgrounds.  

Check out Henry Wrinkler and what he says about it all.  You will feel reassured.

• I have wondered if certain tests favour or disfavour people from different backgrounds.

I remember a job interview aptitude test where the maths paper was based around economics scenarios like retail price indices. A person with a foundation level GCSE in maths who had studied economics would almost certainly have done better than a person with an A Level in maths who had never studied economics before.

The maths was quite easy, mostly just KS2, but the scenarios obfuscated the questions.

• I have wondered if certain tests favour or disfavour people from different backgrounds.

I remember a job interview aptitude test where the maths paper was based around economics scenarios like retail price indices. A person with a foundation level GCSE in maths who had studied economics would almost certainly have done better than a person with an A Level in maths who had never studied economics before.

The maths was quite easy, mostly just KS2, but the scenarios obfuscated the questions.

Children
No Data