intelligence

does anyone else feel this because i feel like out of anyone i know that i'm the dumbest and that i can never be as smart as everyone else and that i won't be able to get a good career because of this. i just feel like my IQ doesn't measure up to others.

Parents
  • I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the difference between intelligence and knowing (useless?) facts. This is a recurring subject in both the AS and home education communities. There are a lot of kids out there who are thought of as being clever or intelligent, or referred to as walking encyclopedias, but in reality they just know mountains of facts. More often than not they aren't really much more intelligent than average kids their own age and don't always get good GCSE grades. The internet has devalued such people in the real world because a Google search has reduced the benefits in knowing facts.

• I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the difference between intelligence and knowing (useless?) facts. This is a recurring subject in both the AS and home education communities. There are a lot of kids out there who are thought of as being clever or intelligent, or referred to as walking encyclopedias, but in reality they just know mountains of facts. More often than not they aren't really much more intelligent than average kids their own age and don't always get good GCSE grades. The internet has devalued such people in the real world because a Google search has reduced the benefits in knowing facts.

Children
No Data