intelligence

does anyone else feel this because i feel like out of anyone i know that i'm the dumbest and that i can never be as smart as everyone else and that i won't be able to get a good career because of this. i just feel like my IQ doesn't measure up to others.

Parents
  • I have something else I am going to post but it will have to wait until I have more time, maybe this afternoon.

• I think that intelligence is multidimensional and it is also linked in with child development. When I was in reception class I was considered talented because I could read complete lines of text and do maths taught to Y2 children but at the same time I couldn't ride a bike without stabiliser wheels and had difficulty interacting with other children in the playground. A classmate who was about two months older than me could ride a bike without stabiliser wheels on the day he started reception class and interacted well with other children in the playground but he was still reading flashcards and couldn't add two single figure numbers together on the last day of reception class. Who was the most intelligent of the two and why?

My classmate had extra help and support with reading and maths in every year he was at primary school but I never had any help and support with bike riding or social skills for the playground.

Schools and much of society have fallen into a trap that intelligence is one-dimensional and limited to academic subjects.

• Yes, I would agree to that Arran. Intelligence is multidimensional, like we are. 

• testify brother testify

Reply Children
No Data