intelligence

does anyone else feel this because i feel like out of anyone i know that i'm the dumbest and that i can never be as smart as everyone else and that i won't be able to get a good career because of this. i just feel like my IQ doesn't measure up to others.

Parents
  • At primary school I was effectively told I was stupid, again and again, to the point that I actually believed it. I passed my eleven plus, but ended up going to a Secondary as it was made clear that I "wouldn't cope". In secondary school I was tested for dyslexia but I wasn't and they never even thought to look for ASD, I came away with 9 GCSE A*-C (1 D) and three of those were A*, but socially not comfortable and utterly hating education which is why I never did A-Levels or University.

As an adult I've done the MENSA IQ test and I'l eligible for admittance if I wanted to join (my Cattell was 156). I spend my early twenties struggling with work until I found my way through a bit of luck, then in my early thirties I set up my own company and now in my mid thirties I'm set and comfortable.

Part of my problem was always been told I wasn't bright enough, I wasn't intelligent etc. I ended up believing this, I thought I was stupid, wasn't good enough etc. What changed that with GCSEs was one good teacher who sparked it and showed me I was and that really helped, it then carried over into other subjects, however some teachers still seemed to resent that I wasn't thick as they had spent so long believing that I was.

You need to find your area, the subject or skill that suits you, the one that lets you be who you are and shows off the best of your abilities. It helps if it's something you enjoy, but that's not essential.

• What does this company do?

Where did you learn about economics?

What subject was the D grade in?

Reply Children
No Data