Cutting own hair off

Hi wondered if anyone else has experienced of ads adult cutting own hair off our 21 year old daughter has started to cut her hair almost bald she did have long hair but has since cut it off she hadn’t done it for about 8 weeks but has done it again today she had told us she wants to grow it long then has cut it all off again 

Parents
  • Apologies, perhaps, for intruding, yet there may be a very SOCIAL reason for "cutting off hair", which I only Post here because I keep seeing this Thread and perhaps none have mentioned it as yet...?

I cut my own hair short - Yes, I am Female, also ... But I did not want to, yet did so through being fed up of, being female, the topic of conversation over myself was about HAIR and HANDBAGS and FASHION. Nothing else, ever.

Example: My own Sister, when talking to me, would talk about "my hair". And Nothing else. 

I then cut my hair.

Now she speaks to me not at all... unless I suggest another topic entirely. (!)

...NT-People & "Fashion"... Go Figure.

• Apologies, perhaps, for intruding, yet there may be a very SOCIAL reason for "cutting off hair", which I only Post here because I keep seeing this Thread and perhaps none have mentioned it as yet...?

I cut my own hair short - Yes, I am Female, also ... But I did not want to, yet did so through being fed up of, being female, the topic of conversation over myself was about HAIR and HANDBAGS and FASHION. Nothing else, ever.

Example: My own Sister, when talking to me, would talk about "my hair". And Nothing else. 

I then cut my hair.

Now she speaks to me not at all... unless I suggest another topic entirely. (!)

...NT-People & "Fashion"... Go Figure.

Children
  • I'm surprised she didn't simply get bored of that topic (with you, I mean)! Don't think it took me cutting my hair for people to realise that I was useless for these kind of conversations. Or did she want you to change your hair? For my taste too much significance is given to such things...