Don't know how to cope!

My daughter is 15 she has high functioning Autism. She has been struggling for a while with depression but only diagnosed last July. She is being detained in hospital under section 2. She self-arms and the hospital is unable to provide appropriate care and keep her safe with the result of her being moved from one ward to another with five minutes notice saying: " the team has decided you need to move shall we go?". I have been finding it hard to cope anyone can tell me how do you keep sane? 

Parents
  • What kind of hospital is she in ?  You mention being moved from ward to ward. It sounds like a large place.

Near me there is a secure mental health unit for people who are either a danger to other people or to themselves.  It's quite a small place with room for only 21 people.  So patients can get individual attention. ( So says the website!).

• Thank you I would be interested to know where this place you are talking about is located. I am trying to get my daughter moved to another unit. I would love to take her home but she is a risk to herself so I have no choice for now. 

• Thank you I would be interested to know where this place you are talking about is located. I am trying to get my daughter moved to another unit. I would love to take her home but she is a risk to herself so I have no choice for now. 

Children
  • Unfortunately the place  I am referring to is for men only and over 18.

Mill Garth Hospital

Mill Garth Hospital is a 21 bedded locked rehabilitation and recovery service suitable for men aged 18 years and over. The hospital focuses on active rehabilitation and recovery for those with mental illness and personality disorders.