Can Vaccinations Cause Autism in Dogs?

Parents
  • "The fear that vaccines might cause autism started in 1998 in a study conducted by a British physician, Dr. Andrew Wakefield. In it he claimed that he had evidence which showed a link between autism and the widely used measles-mumps-rubella vaccine. His study was later determined to be fraudulent and was retracted by the journal that published it. Furthermore, as a consequence of this, Wakefield was stripped of his right to practice medicine in the United Kingdom. Since that time, 17 studies in 7 different countries, resulted in the gathering data from hundreds of thousands of children. All of these studies have shown that those receiving such vaccines were not more likely to develop autism than those who haven't received them."   Quote from Stanley Coren PHD found in the 'Psychology Today' article, which is named in the original post (link above.)

• Excuse me for interrupting all of this "empathic, existential, homocentric, philosophical, psychochemical, zoopathic, Zoological" discussion... but is this supposed to be discussing AUTISM IN ANIMALS or THE MMR/any VACCINE? Which one? Which one, I ask!

• Good morning Disallowed Cynosure,

I think the 'clue' about what is being discussed here is in the title of the post...can VACCINATIONS cause AUTISM in DOGS.

This original question (the post title) naturally demanded that we think about a) whether vaccinations can cause autism, and also b) whether animals can even be 'autistic' or Neurodiverse.

I don't think anyone mentioned the specific MMR vaccine except you.

As far as I personally understand it,  it appears that the majority of people who have so far responded and taken part in this discussion  a) don't believe vaccinations cause autism in humans or animals and b) suspect that animals can be ND. 

I think that, if you are going to even try to consider whether animals can be ND it requires a large amount of 'empathic, existential, philosophical [ ] discussion...'

And I am not sure how I would begin to think about answering the title question without thinking about a) autism in animals AND b) vaccines. So I don't understand why you questioned as follows; 

Disallowed Cynosure said:
    is this supposed to be discussing AUTISM IN ANIMALS or THE MMR/any VACCINE? Which one?

In theory, if you are attempting to answer the original posts title question, then it is both.

• Good morning Disallowed Cynosure,

I think the 'clue' about what is being discussed here is in the title of the post...can VACCINATIONS cause AUTISM in DOGS.

This original question (the post title) naturally demanded that we think about a) whether vaccinations can cause autism, and also b) whether animals can even be 'autistic' or Neurodiverse.

I don't think anyone mentioned the specific MMR vaccine except you.

As far as I personally understand it,  it appears that the majority of people who have so far responded and taken part in this discussion  a) don't believe vaccinations cause autism in humans or animals and b) suspect that animals can be ND. 

I think that, if you are going to even try to consider whether animals can be ND it requires a large amount of 'empathic, existential, philosophical [ ] discussion...'

And I am not sure how I would begin to think about answering the title question without thinking about a) autism in animals AND b) vaccines. So I don't understand why you questioned as follows; 

Disallowed Cynosure said:
    is this supposed to be discussing AUTISM IN ANIMALS or THE MMR/any VACCINE? Which one?

In theory, if you are attempting to answer the original posts title question, then it is both.

Children
  • Hi Disallowed Cynosure,

I personally think its totally okay to ask questions on here like you did (when you asked what the thread was about) and that asking questions, asking for help or advice, being yourself, being kind to one another, and helping one another if we can is very much exactly what this community forum is for.

• That "M--" vaccine was mentioned in someone else's QUOTATION, posted near the start of this page/thread, so look for it there. Then it was responded with a not understanding why the quotation was posted, and then the reason was explained.

If this goes well, there should be a new post-with-a-link from myself underneath this "reply"; I did not know what subject to write about: "animals" or "vaccines", you see...

To everyone: I am not surprised if you don't understand me or regard me as being rude or hostile... I am Autistic myself (!). I never mean to offend, I only want to (try to) help, but I can't do that over ambiguity. Sorry again if even this last is misunderstood.