25.9.17 A place for hefelumps & skinny beans to chat or reflect from poetry to humour to beneath the roots

For those wishing to chat about miscellaneous every day in's and out's , good morning's and goodnight's and somewhere safe to play on words or share concerns.

Parents
  • My phobias.

I haven't looked into my letter box for 6 days, now. 

I'm afraid of what bad news may have arrived.

I'm behind in my rent , will I be evicted?

I haven't paid the fixed agreed amount for electricity. Will they take me to court?  Again?

I'm behind in my council tax payment.

I'm scared to look at my bank balance/statement.

I need a well paid job.  But my past employment history is a complete mess.

I get career and job seeking advice from four different advisers.  

One says self employment.

Second says try volunteering.

Third says try admin and call centre or retail.

Four says go to doctor and get a sick note.

I can't drive or ride a bike.  I spent a small fortune on driving lessons but my hand to eye coordination is awful.

¿?????¿????????¿??????

• My phobias.

I haven't looked into my letter box for 6 days, now. 

I'm afraid of what bad news may have arrived.

I'm behind in my rent , will I be evicted?

I haven't paid the fixed agreed amount for electricity. Will they take me to court?  Again?

I'm behind in my council tax payment.

I'm scared to look at my bank balance/statement.

I need a well paid job.  But my past employment history is a complete mess.

I get career and job seeking advice from four different advisers.  

One says self employment.

Second says try volunteering.

Third says try admin and call centre or retail.

Four says go to doctor and get a sick note.

I can't drive or ride a bike.  I spent a small fortune on driving lessons but my hand to eye coordination is awful.

¿?????¿????????¿??????

Children
  • Hi Robert

that sounds like a lot to deal with. I don't drive either but have also spent a lot on driving lessons. My OH is terrible with money so I also worry about what post he will get and if he'll want me to bail him out again.

sounds like challenging times...can we help at all? X

• I don't always check my letter box daily or open the mail if I do. Don't you get assistance with your council tax and rent? Which of those 4 options will you go for? Even with a dr's note the jobcentre doesn't always acknowledge it in fact ignores them at times I found in the past. Is there anything you're interested enough in to volunteer? You can look online to see what opportunities there are in your area.  And are you near public transport? There is a service ( accessed through the council .. ) which helps you to become used to travelling on buses etc You could also access Welfare Rights through the council and they may help you with some of the things you have mentioned.