Ramblings of the mis-wired....

For those of you that have lost the plot, tangled yourself in the thread, lost a button, misplaced their armoured shelll....hang out here!

This is the Home for the Mis-Wired, waiting for the ferry to Autopia / sitting in the waiting room of diagnosis .....tickets please! All aboard!

How long do you give it before we get our threads in a twist on this one!? 

Parents
  • It's been an odd first week at my new job.  Ups and downs.  The people (as in 'clients', but I hate referring to them that way) run the whole gamut, from very quiet and easy to extremely challenging.  One lad in particular, though, is amazing.  The first question he asks everyone new is their date of birth and the year.  He then tells you, with barely a pause, what day of the week it fell on.  He's always right, too.  Astonishing!

• Glad there have been positives to the week too. So are you sticking at it next week? 

• Happier than I was mid-week.  I wasn't at all sure after the first couple of days.  I found one of the other staff members in particular to be very hard to get on with, but we worked together on Friday and found some common ground.  Partly, of course, it's about getting used to new things and people, and getting to know the people I'm dealing with.  They're much more challenging than ones I've been used to in recent years.  At my last job, they were either very capable or confined to wheelchairs, with very little in between.  Here, they're all mobile.  Some of the more challenging ones are totally focused on one activity, which they do over and over all day long - like listening to the same song all day.  Others are a little more active.  We've had several trips out - to trampolining, putting, bowling.  Next week, I'm off shadow shifts and working alone on 1-1s.  That'll probably be better, actually.  And once I've been added to the company's insurance, I can drive the buses, so I'm likely to be out much more.

On the whole, then, I feel buoyant about it all.  Another couple of weeks and I'll be more certain.  At least I don't have the horrible thing of shift changes and extra hours hanging over me.  I know when the day starts and when it finishes.  That's a big bonus.

• Good night everyone....keep the noise down and no sneaking about x

• My bed is in our living room?wifey asleep crashed out on the sofa shhh.been a long day for her,

• I've gone to hide in the spare room...shhh

• I would rather do the rounds with you holding your hand! But that would be silly as I'm sure the spiders won't hurt me?eek.

Stop apologising Ellie I am trying to be funny,

Your the last one on here to offend me,

My room?already in it!been here most of the day.(cryptic)?

• It's my way of saying I care spotty. We don't get to chat much me and you,I deliberately try to create a more relaxed attitude,we don't have a lounge section for silly banter.God knows we go through the wringer.

I look at really oldposts and most are serious and due respect is paid in responding,Things get very full on here,we need and deserve a break,yes us so called types with no empathy and no understanding of social interaction,utter nonesense.

Even I have been known to smile.

big hug to you spotty()x

• I was thinking glitter! 

• You're good Spotty and I always miss you when you're not about....

sorry lone...nerve touched, lid back on said box...I better make jerky movements to my room.

• Make sure the cat is shiney, maybe some nail polish?

• Don't mean to offend ..  You lock up, I'll do the dishes and polish the cat! 

• I'm not sure I've ever come across as silly here, but in the right place I have a fine appreciation of silly and I promise I do have a sense of humour. I can check the corridors and lock the doors too, but I quite like the idea of Lone on the look out. ()()

• What bloke? I am me not just some bloke,You don't need looking after.The amazing ladies on here are very capable of coping I feel like I've just been neutered!

better leg it while I am in one peace.

Sorry Miss,

only joking Ellie.You are all amazing.

huggies.

• Hugs back but didn't realise I needed a bloke to look after me? No offence put out there but would like to think that I am more than just a little lady...I may now roar...but I can meow loudly and in earnest!  

• Hey what you two doing up? Ok Ellie you go round the east wing and I will do the west tom can keep an eye on the main door,see you back here,

"lone survivor" very appropriate tom.glad to hear things have settled a bit for you, I know your busy mate but keeping up with all these ladies on my own is hard work.Lol.

High maintence? Meant in jest ladies,love it really.

So many topics in my head,just need to knuckle down and get one finger typing.

Really enjoyed tonite,it got busy or buzzing,brilliant to be part of it,We of all people deserve a little bit of silliness,

hugs()

• We're all survivors here.... 

• Watched 'Lone Survivor'.  Seemed appropriate.

• Hey..,still rattling here. happy  to lock up if it helps 

• Bless! I reckon somebody would grab hold of me and pull me to safety!

I reckon you have all gone sleepy byes so I will just check everything's locked and everything is ok,try not to chatter to much in your rooms,I will look in on you all later.nite nite sleep well.

big hugs to all.x().

• Lol! Not good 

• He is a brave man,technically I can swim! I flap about trying to coordinate arms with legs but end up all over the shop.have swum a width but more like I am fitting.

• Have a big drinkie and a small movie.... glad you made it to 100 letter 'k's....**joke**  on the book. 

Reply Children
No Data