Aphantasia

I wonder how many here are aphantasic.  

" We were not too surprised by a second association: a small proportion of participants have described a diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorder (asd). Alterations in the ability to imagine have long been regarded as a key feature of asd, and visualisation is a key ingredient of imagination (though not an indispensable one, as we will see).  "

https://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/exeterblog/blog/2016/11/08/aphantasia-10000-people-make-contact-over-visual-imagery/

medicine.exeter.ac.uk/.../

Parents
  • I remember being in an online lecture about autism and one of the things that struck me is that autistic folks often either have aphantasia or hyperphantasia. I'm an artist, I have a very vivid imagination and vivid, fantastical dreams. But I do struggle a lot with 'theory of mind' and get annoyed when people act in illogical ways. So I may have a bit of aphantasia in certain aspects of life.

• I remember being in an online lecture about autism and one of the things that struck me is that autistic folks often either have aphantasia or hyperphantasia. I'm an artist, I have a very vivid imagination and vivid, fantastical dreams. But I do struggle a lot with 'theory of mind' and get annoyed when people act in illogical ways. So I may have a bit of aphantasia in certain aspects of life.

Children
No Data