This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

POLL: Should the Community keep the Leader Board? Please vote.

Dear Community Members, 

We are aware that there have been a few discussions recently relating to the Community Leader Board, which is featured on the main page of the online community website. As a Community, we want to ensure that we are listening to our members and creating a community that is the best for it members. For this reason, we have decided to create this poll to decide whether the Leader Board should stay as a feature or be removed. 

Please vote before 31st August 2017, as this will be the date the poll will end. 

We will take the final poll results into consideration, but please note that the final decision will be confirmed by the NAS Moderators. 

Thank you!

Parents
  • Hey there NAS Moderator

I tried to vote 'no' in regard to keeping the leader board, and my vote was reported as having had been received without me getting to vote either way.

Did anybody get the opportunity to vote one way or the other - or is it that the means to vote will come along at a later stage? 

• I voted No and my vote was accepted and it keeps telling me I've voted

• How did you use the voting system? I clicked on the vote option, and got no further than that, basically.

• Misfit61 said:

Well thought out. I would also like a page with the instructions where we can add references and links, book and article suggestions , recommended writers and websites etc because a lot of this is useful information but gets lost in amongst the posts and also some repeated in reply to people's queries. Another section for hints and tips and practical advice e.g. How to ease sensory overload or how to help shutdown. Maybe this is repeating things from the website but they seem to be needed more directly from the forum..? 

There used to be a link at the bottom of each page on the old format, dealing with every fact about autism the NAS has. I am interested to see what the NAS has to say about your idea, and unless I am mistaken, either you or someone else has asked about this before ~ probably in the 'A change for the worst' thread.

Misfit61 said:

Sometimes Im typing in the post reply box and the reply button disappears. Then I copy what I've written and add it somewhere else.. does that happen to anyone else? 

I use a PC and have not had that particular problem as far as I can recall.

• Well thought out. I would also like a page with the instructions where we can add references and links, book and article suggestions , recommended writers and websites etc because a lot of this is useful information but gets lost in amongst the posts and also some repeated in reply to people's queries. Another section for hints and tips and practical advice e.g. How to ease sensory overload or how to help shutdown. Maybe this is repeating things from the website but they seem to be needed more directly from the forum..? 

Sometimes Im typing in the post reply box and the reply button disappears. Then I copy what I've written and add it somewhere else.. does that happen to anyone else? 

• It seems I have correctly voted 'no' regarding the leader board.

My shopping list of things that I like otherwise to be are:

I would like the text size in the reply box to be the same text size as in the posts, as I do not like developing eye strain as writing for me is tiring enough without making it worse, it does not help. And as for using which ever buttons are involved with increasing or decreasing the page size, I invariably forget which is which and regularly push the wrong buttons anyhow.

I would like the nested threading replaced by orderly post sequencing in the sense of first first, second second, third third and so on and so fourth, as I work best with rather orderly systems of operation.

I would like also that when signing up as a community member, that the community rules are not in any way optional to read but absolutely and utterly essential before becoming a community member. Rule number two regarding not posting identifying particularities is regularly broken. This is fundamentally dangerous at worst, and potentially risky at best.   

I would like for their to be an instruction manual for this site that can be accessed like the forums, and in addition a glossary of terms, because I either forget computing stuff regularly or do not identify or relate with them initially, which is confusing.

These are list of my unfavourite and otherwise more favourable things . . . 

P.S. I would also like the indentation of the posts to disappear ~ straight below the former instead, and to disappear all the higgledy-piggledy of the posts in threads getting hidden between other posts. I mean life is a big enough puzzle without adding confusion to it here also.

• A not unfamiliar feeling ... 

• Misfit61 said:

I don't understand why it's not working for you. I just clicked in my option and that was that..

Me and technology seem to have an arrangement, I do not understand it much, and it does not work for me much, either.  

• Misfit61 said:

I don't understand why it's not working for you. I just clicked in my option and that was that..

Me and technology seem to have an arrangement, I do not understand it much, and it does not work for me much, either.  

Children
  • Misfit61 said:

Well thought out. I would also like a page with the instructions where we can add references and links, book and article suggestions , recommended writers and websites etc because a lot of this is useful information but gets lost in amongst the posts and also some repeated in reply to people's queries. Another section for hints and tips and practical advice e.g. How to ease sensory overload or how to help shutdown. Maybe this is repeating things from the website but they seem to be needed more directly from the forum..? 

There used to be a link at the bottom of each page on the old format, dealing with every fact about autism the NAS has. I am interested to see what the NAS has to say about your idea, and unless I am mistaken, either you or someone else has asked about this before ~ probably in the 'A change for the worst' thread.

Misfit61 said:

I use a PC and have not had that particular problem as far as I can recall.

• Well thought out. I would also like a page with the instructions where we can add references and links, book and article suggestions , recommended writers and websites etc because a lot of this is useful information but gets lost in amongst the posts and also some repeated in reply to people's queries. Another section for hints and tips and practical advice e.g. How to ease sensory overload or how to help shutdown. Maybe this is repeating things from the website but they seem to be needed more directly from the forum..? 

• It seems I have correctly voted 'no' regarding the leader board.

My shopping list of things that I like otherwise to be are:

I would like the text size in the reply box to be the same text size as in the posts, as I do not like developing eye strain as writing for me is tiring enough without making it worse, it does not help. And as for using which ever buttons are involved with increasing or decreasing the page size, I invariably forget which is which and regularly push the wrong buttons anyhow.

I would like the nested threading replaced by orderly post sequencing in the sense of first first, second second, third third and so on and so fourth, as I work best with rather orderly systems of operation.

I would like also that when signing up as a community member, that the community rules are not in any way optional to read but absolutely and utterly essential before becoming a community member. Rule number two regarding not posting identifying particularities is regularly broken. This is fundamentally dangerous at worst, and potentially risky at best.   

I would like for their to be an instruction manual for this site that can be accessed like the forums, and in addition a glossary of terms, because I either forget computing stuff regularly or do not identify or relate with them initially, which is confusing.

These are list of my unfavourite and otherwise more favourable things . . . 

P.S. I would also like the indentation of the posts to disappear ~ straight below the former instead, and to disappear all the higgledy-piggledy of the posts in threads getting hidden between other posts. I mean life is a big enough puzzle without adding confusion to it here also.

• A not unfamiliar feeling ...